Friday, January 01, 2010

Life with Three

We are so happy to have our little Ellie here. She adds so much to our family and we all love her. We are still adjusting, and am sure we will be for a while, to life with three kids. We had both my mom and Brett's mom here to help after she was born and as of this past Thursday we are officially on our own!! That is a little bit scary, but I think we are going to do fine...I just have to remind myself to not try to get much done each day...as long as everyone is fed and clothed and the house doesn't totally fall apart I guess we are doing good. :) Maya has just been taken with Ellie and wants to hold her any chance she gets. She is nurturer by heart and takes good care of both her little brother and sister. Mason loves Ellie too and is very sweet with her. He is not so sure though that he likes mom's attention being split up and is adjusting to having to share mom's lap and arms.




This is the day we brought Ellie home from the hospital. I had forgotten how small a new baby looks in a car seat.

The day she was born.











Checking into the hospital. I went into labor on my own with Maya and Mason, so being induced was a new experience. It was a little strange going to the hospital, checking in, getting and IV and not being in pain...at least not yet...that definitely came. All in all it was a pretty quick labor and the delivery was even faster. We are so grateful to have another wonderful, healthy little baby. What a blessing each of them are and what a wonderful gift it is to be able to be a parent.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Love the little family picture on the hospital bed!

Eric & Laura said...

You look awesome Jen! It was so fun to meet little Ellie and enjoy a few days with your family again! We hope to see you guys soon! Feel free to visit up here if you guys need a little fun in the snow! :D

susan said...

Jenny,
Congratulations! Ellie is soooo adorable!

Did I have your right address? Did you get our Christmas card? Anyways, I love catching up on your blog. It is very cute. If only I would get it in gear and make one myself. I just LOVE yours. Thank you for sending me your updates!
Susan Biery

Erica said...

I love all the updated pictures! And Jenny, you look so great (as always).

Cori said...

tillykke! She is beautiful, just like Maya and Mason.